Scuba and Yoga at Harbour Village Beach Club in Bonaire
May 20-27, 2017
June 3-10, 2017
June 24-July 1, 2017
Breathe In: A Scuba and Yoga Experience to Immerse the Soul What? Scuba and yoga – how are they even related? They are very entwined and often people who practice yoga make great divers and experienced divers make great yogis. The reason – it’s all about the breath. Yoga and scuba diving both produce a sense of tranquility that’s like a vacation from the stresses of ordinary life. Both can create a meditative state of mind that allows you to live fully in the present moment. Regulated breathing is essential for a successful dive. Breathing like a yogi helps you use oxygen more efficiently, so you’ll tire less easily and use less air underwater. Good breath control is the key to a great dive, and lower air consumption often means more bottom time.
Yogis, dive enthusiasts and adventurists ready for a meaningful yoga experience coupled with an exhilarating diver snorkel experience will want to book Harbour Village’s upcoming “Breathe In: A Scuba and Yoga Experience to Immerse the Soul.”
Enjoy a seven-night dive and yoga experience at one of the top dive spots in the Caribbean, Harbour Village Beach Club, Bonaire.
This tranquil seaside resort offers guests a wonderful reprieve from the grind of daily living.
It’s the perfect place to learn to dive, snorkel and grow your yoga practice.
Dive only ten minutes away by boat or enjoy a refreshing snorkel or dive right from the resort’s beachfront
This retreat is perfect for experienced divers, those who want to get SCUBA certified in dive and snorkelers alike. Breathe in and explore a new world on land and in the sea!
I started to dive in 2002 taking my PADI Open Water course in the Maldives. I loved diving so much that I signed up with a dive shop in the UK through to Instructor level and I have been teaching people to dive or continue their diving education since 2003. I moved to Great Adventures Bonaire in 2011 as a Dive Instructor and now I am the Dive Operations Manager. I love to teach people to dive from new divers to experienced divers taking the professional steps. I am passionate about the environment and I am fully involved in the Reef Preservation and Project Aware projects that we have here at Harbour Village. I can’t wait to meet you and provide you with a fantastic diving experience here on Bonaire.
Chris is also a PADI course director – only 1% of PADI professionals reach this distinction:
PADI Course Directors are PADI Master Instructors who have taken the next step and joined an elite group of instructor trainers. Course Directors teach PADI Instructor Development Courses (IDCs) and other instructor-level training, and thus are the scuba diving industry’s most influential leaders and role models.
Courtyard Single – $2,860 Courtyard Double – $1,842
Marina Front Single – $3,136 Marina Double $1,980
Beachfront 1 BR Single – $4,240 Beachfront 1BR Double $2,532
The 7-night Scuba/Yoga Retreat is held at various times throughout the year and includes:
- Accommodations at Harbour Village Beach Club
- Morning and evening yoga classes
- Diver’s breakfast daily of fresh fruit, and bagel with cream cheese
- 3 dinners including Farewell Torch lit dinner on the beach (excludes alcoholic beverage but includes taxes)
- Resort scuba experience for non-certified divers or 2 snorkel trips or one day of diving for certified divers (includes one boat dive and unlimited shore diving for the day). Certified divers must present valid dive card.
- Unlimited Use of the fitness center, kayaks, and paddle boards
- Airport transfers to and from Harbour Village Beach Club
*Additional diving and snorkeling rental equipment prices can be found on the registration page.
Harbour Village Beach Club
Guests of Harbour Village experience:
– Luxury above and below the water at one of the most exclusive dive destinations
– Dive sites within a 10-minute boat ride (something not typical on dive islands)
– Diving and snorkeling right off of the Harbour Village beach
The island of Bonaire has been a protected marine park since the 1970’s and thus offers some of the best diving in the world. It has been consistently ranked as a top dive and snorkel destination by Scuba Diving magazine readers.
For the 10th year, Bonaire has taken first place for Best Overall Diving in the Caribbean/Atlantic region and received first place in four other Caribbean/Atlantic categories. The Bonaire Marine Park was named one of the Caribbean’s Best Places for Snorkeling in 2016 by USAToday.com
Harbour Village guests enjoy fresh food; especially fresh fish from sea to table. Greens and fresh fruits are enjoyed daily.
Designed in the style of an antique Spanish ship with a dining deck located on a jetty extending over the water, La Balandra Restaurant and Bar will make you feel like you’re sailing on the Caribbean. Overlooking our resort’s private white-sand beach, La Balandra’s breathtaking location, creative specialties and nautical décor have made it a favorite for years, promising an unforgettable dining experience.
A private cascade pool and pool deck offer a tranquil retreat before or after a treatment while our open and airy fitness center, also located at The Spa, has state-of-the-art treadmills, stair climbers, stationary bikes, universal gym, free weights and more. The Spa at Harbour Village offers a full menu of professtional massage, facial and salon treatments.
- Direct flights arrive in Bonaire from Atlanta, Newark and Houston. Please contact us for the best route based on your destination. For assistance with flights, please contact us at Tiffani@MyRetreatsUnlimited.com
- Deposit Policies: To reserve your spot a non-refundable deposit required of $500.00 per person, balance must be paid in full 30 days prior to each event.
- Cancellation policies: Any reservation must be cancelled 30 days prior to avoid penalties, non-refundable deposit of $500.00 will not be returned
- Have any questions? Please contact us directly at Tiffani@MyRetreatsUnlimited.com. Dates are subject to change.
* This retreat does not include round-trip airfare, incidentals such as souvenirs, additional tours not part of the itinerary, and spa treatments. We highly encourage your to contact us prior to booking your flight. Travel insurance is suggested.